Tal como no ano passado, fomos convidados a participar no Open Croata de Quiz, organizado pela Federação Croata de Quiz, que este ano terá a sua 3ª edição. O formato é semelhante ao Campeonato do Mundo, tendo 210 questões que devem ser jogadas em 1 hora e 45 minutos. O quiz será jogado entre os dias 26 e 31 de Outubro e tem um custo de 5€.
The authors are Karlo Lugomer and Krešimir Štimac and they anounce the concept:
Croatian Open will be divided into seven categories, 30 questions each, played out in two halves. First half will consist of four categories (120 questions) played for 60 minutes, and the second half of three categories (90 questions) played for 45 minutes as to give the player a little 'breather' later into the paper (we understand it's hard to stay highly focused longer than 100 questions). Precise order of the categories will be specified at a later time.
In the event of a tie, tiebreakers are (in order of precedence):
1. Better lowest scoring category
2. Better highest scoring category
3. Better 2nd highest scoring category etc.
List of categories is following:
1. Fine arts ('highbrow' arts, including paintings, sculptures, architecture, art films, classical music and modern critically acclaimed music, acclaimed books, theatre)
2. Popular arts ('lowbrow' arts, including popular musicals, popular music of all genres, TV shows, popular books, comics)
3. Society (mythology & religion, social sciences, human geography, world cultures)
4. Science and Physical World (natural science including exact sciences and flora & fauna, physical geography)
6. Sport and Games (sport and sports-related hobbies and media, board games, card games and video games)
7. Lifestyle (food and drink, trends, internet, products, bussiness, everyday life including hobbies, current events)